-3/20 - Go Green With Graland
-3/24 - 8:15-9:15 Kindergarten Parent Discussion in the Board Room focusing on Math In Focus
-3/25 - Suessville Kindergarten Presentation to Preschool in Fries at 2:30 (see more below)
-3/26 - Dress Up like your favorite Dr. Seuss character
-3/27 - Spirit Day
-3/30-4/6 - SPRING BREAK!
-3/24 - 8:15-9:15 Kindergarten Parent Discussion in the Board Room focusing on Math In Focus
-3/25 - Suessville Kindergarten Presentation to Preschool in Fries at 2:30 (see more below)
-3/26 - Dress Up like your favorite Dr. Seuss character
-3/27 - Spirit Day
-3/30-4/6 - SPRING BREAK!
-4/7 - Classes Resume
-4/17 - Grandparents Day - Noon Dismissal. If a grandparent is unable to attend we suggest asking a good friend, or someone who your child views as a special person in their life. If you prefer to keep your child at home that day because they do not have a Grandparent or special friend to attend please let me know in advance. Please let me know if you have any questions!
-4/23 - Field Trip to the Waste Management Facility - students only
-4/24 - GO GREEN WITH GRALAND and Spirit Day
Content and Curriculum:
I can't believe that next week is the last week before Spring Break! A week ago last year, I came to Denver during my Spring Break to visit my sister and nephews. I happened to get an interview for the Kindergarten position at Graland. I came in and met with several people. Later that afternoon I got a call to come back the following morning to teach a lesson to 18 bright eyed kindergartners. One year later, I couldn't be happier that each day I get to walk onto the Graland campus and spend time with your children. Each day they make me laugh and smile. I look forward to traveling back East next week to spend a day or two at my old school to see my old students and colleagues. I think they may be a bit disappointed to hear that I'm staying put in Colorado for now!
Just because it is the week before Spring Break, we will be very, VERY busy! We will begin Monday with an assembly. Katherine Dines will perform using music and storytelling. You can learn more about her at her Hunk ta Bunk ta Website. Tuesday morning at 8:15 please join the Kindergarten teachers in the Board Room for a Math In Focus discussion and demonstration. On Wednesday at 2:30 the Kindergartners will be "presenting" to the Pre K students a little Seussism. This presentation is simply to help the Kindergartners feel comfortable speaking to a larger crowd in preparation for the Kindergarten Rodeo on May 22. You are welcome to come see this presentation but it is very, very low key. Thursday brings dress up as your favorite Dr. Seuss or Dr. Seuss inspired attire as well as the Pre K students visiting our classroom to see what a Journeys lesson looks like. Friday brings us to the end of our Dr. Seuss studies and Spirit Day.
Not only will we be doing all that is mentioned above but also continuing to write All About Books, learn more metacognition reading strategies and classifying and sorting in Math In Focus!












No comments:
Post a Comment